Professor Mike Thomson has help a number of positions over the years. Below is a comprehensive list.
- Representative of BSPGHN on the Information Technology Committee of the British Society of Gastroenterology.
- Representative of BSPGHN on Joint Advisory Group on Training in Endoscopy.
- Member of BSPGHN sub-committee for BSG.
- Paediatric Representative on BSG Endoscopy Committee.
- Chairman of British Paediatric Endoscopy Steering Committee.
- BSPGHN representative on FISPGHAN World Congress Working Group on Advances in Paediatric Endoscopy and Other Diagnostic Tests.
- Co-opted Council Member of BSPGHN.
- Elect for gastroenterology representative on Childhood Specialist Advisory Committee for Higher Specialist Training for Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health.
- Member of the Gastroenterology Council of ESPGHAN from 2005.
- Editorial Board Member of Journal of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition from 2005.
- Member of the European Working Group on gastro-oesophageal reflux.
- Member of the European Working Group on gastrointestinal motility.
- Secretary and Coordinator of the European Working Group on Paediatric Endoscopy.
- Course Director of European Summer School on Paediatric Endoscopy, 2007.
- Representative of CAPGAN on World Congress of Paediatric Gastroenterology Endoscopy Steering Committee.
- Executive Advisory Council Member of International Intraluminal Impedance in Children Working Group.
- Previous Secretary of Royal Society of Medicine for Paediatrics, remain as Council Member.
- Council-Elect of Harveian Society, now resigned.
- Previous country co-ordinator for Zambia of children’s charity Child Advocacy International.
- External examiner for Paediatrics in Zambia.
Sign up to our newsletter